New applicants are asked to complete a preliminary one or two page letter of inquiry to the Cracker Barrel Foundation by email to the following email@example.com to ensure that the proposed organization and goals align with our priorities. Please describe the proposed project, it's goals and objectives, and the approximate level of funding required. To be considered for a grant, please allow sufficient time (approximately 2 weeks) for our staff to review and follow up with the applicant organization.
The Cracker Barrel Foundation uses no standard application form.
It is requested that the proposal be program specific, concise and include the following on the organization's official letterhead:
- Name, address and description of organization
- Contact name, title, phone number
- Mission Statement
- Specific geographic area served by non-profit
- Exact dollar amount of request
- What percentage of program/total budget is the request?
- History of previous support from Cracker Barrel Foundation
- Objectives of organization and specific project for which funding is required
- Plan for evaluating results of project
- Past accomplishments of the organization
Attachment should include:
- IRS letter of determination of section 501(c)(3)tax exemption status
- Latest income and expense statement and/or audited financial statements
- Annual Program Budget for specific need
- Other sources of income and amount contributed by each
- Other organizations you are approaching for funding
- Names and affiliations of those serving on your board of directors
- Names and qualifications of employees, as well as numbers of volunteers
- A few current, relevant articles or reviews about the organization, if available