Ham & Cheese Turnovers
Makes 8 Large Turnovers. There's more to crave from your Easter ham with this hearty homestyle recipe. Loaded with ham and cheese, it's great for gatherings large and small.
How to Make
- In a food processor, process 1 cup of the diced Spiral Sliced Sugar Cured Ham, softened cream cheese, crumbled feta cheese, red pepper flakes (optional), salt and black pepper until spreadable. Stop processor and scrape down the sides as needed to blend thoroughly. Scrape mixture out into a mixing bowl. Add the remaining 1 cup of diced ham pieces and fold until well blended. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put Cracker Barrel® Biscuit Mix into a mixing bowl. Make a “well” in the center of the mix. Using a table fork to stir, slowly add the milk until a dough has formed. Scrape dough out onto a well-floured work surface and gather into a ball, kneading a few times. Flatten dough ball out into a circle and cut into 8 wedges. Form each wedge into a dough ball.
- Working with one dough ball at a time, roll out each ball into a 6-inch circle. Brush all around the edges of the dough with the egg-water mix.
- Add 2 generous tablespoons of the ham mixture to the middle of the dough. Spread out mixture evenly with a knife. Top ham mixture with one or two teaspoons of Cranberry Relish.
- Fold dough over filling to create a half circle. Press edges of dough together. Fold the edges over and use a fork dipped in flour to crimp edges to seal. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush each turnover with the egg-water mixture. Repeat with remaining dough and fillings to make 8 turnovers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until turnovers are golden brown and puffy. Remove from the oven and brush each turnover with melted butter and sprinkle with seasoning. Serve with an additional dollop of the remaining Cranberry Relish and heated Roasted Gravy, if desired.
Note: Make these ahead of time and freeze for baking later
Order Easter Heat n' Serve