- Headquartered just outside Nashville in Lebanon, Tennessee
- Founded in 1969
- Over 660 stores in 45 states (all U.S. locations)
Cracker Barrel provides a friendly home-away-from-home in our old country store and restaurant. Our guests are cared for like family while relaxing and enjoying real homestyle food and shopping that’s surprisingly unique, genuinely fun and reminiscent of America’s country heritage … all at a fair price.
- When our founder, Dan Evins, opened the first Cracker Barrel, he was passionate about recreating old country stores from his childhood along interstates and highways so that travelers would always have a place to stop, relax, get a good country meal and feel at home.
- Crackers used to be delivered to those old country stores in barrels, and people would congregate around them to discuss the news of the day – they were the original water coolers! Since the restaurant was meant to help people reconnect with friends and family over a good meal, it was a fitting name.
Our Food Favorites
Momma’s Pancake Breakfast is our top-selling entrée, with three buttermilk pancakes that come with your choice of any fruit topping or 100% Pure Natural Syrup plus two eggs and your choice of smoked sausage patties, thick-sliced bacon or turkey sausage.
- When it comes to our Chicken n’ Dumplins, we start each day with chicken tenderloins that are “the best of the breast” and our own rolled by hand, made-from-scratch dumplins. Served with your choice of any three country vegetables.
Our Old Country Store
- The Cracker Barrel Old Country Store provides something unique and exciting at every turn.
- Our wide range of product categories gives our guests the ability to find something for everyone on their list, for every occasion.
Our best-selling retail items? Our rockers, thin sticks, and women’s apparel.
Our Fast Casual Restaurant - Maple Street Biscuit Company
- Maple Street Biscuit Company is a breakfast and lunch company focused on comfort food with a modern twist, gracious service, immaculately clean stores, and sustainable business. Maple Street is driven by a mission to help people, serve others, and be a part of the community. The company currently has over 35 open locations across seven states.
- Each Cracker Barrel location is uniquely decorated with real American artifacts, memorabilia and signage collected by a team of Americana experts.
- Each Cracker Barrel houses approximately 800-1,000 authentic artifacts.