A delicious dessert made for sharing. Try this at-home recipe featuring our classic Cracker Barrel® Corn Muffin Mix and Dickinson’s purest preserves.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Smear 2 Tbsp softened butter over bottom and sides of a 10” cast iron skillet and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp of the raw sugar.
- Mix together buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, 1 stick melted butter and remaining 6 Tbsp raw sugar. Stir in Corn Muffin Mix and blend well. Set batter aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Whisk batter after resting. Pour half of batter into prepared iron skillet. Dollop ⅓ cup preserves all over mix. Gently top with remaining batter.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until a dark golden brown and set in the middle. Remove from oven to rest on wire rack for 5-7 mins.
- Carefully flip cornbread out onto a serving plate. Scrape any sugar-jam residue from bottom of skillet and smear over cake top.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the rest of the preserves with 1 Tbsp water and stir well. Poke holes in top of cake and drizzle with half the mixture allowing it to seep down into the bread while warm.
- Serve cornbread warm topped with fresh blackberries and a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar, drizzled with remaining warm preserve mixture.
Yield: 8 slices